Surah of the week

" The originator of the heavens and earth! When He decreeth a thing,He saith unto it only: Be! and it is.
(2:117)

Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanks Pixie, for commenting on my last post. I actually went through your blog because I remember you had touched on this topic somewhat a while back.


"Why do we have to believe in what the Prophet Mohammed (S.A.W) says about Islam? Why can`t one just follow what the Qu`ran says? What is hadith (and ahadith) and why do we follow that too? Isn't only the Qu'ran perfect?
Hadith (ahadith is plural) are the recorded sayings and actions of the Prophet (S.A.W) Mohammed). The actions of the Prophet Mohammed (S.A.W) were meant to be an example to mankind, and except for where he says himself they were wrong, the actions are the perfection of humanity. Following the actions of the Prophet Mohammed (S.A.W) is actually submitting to a commandment within the Qu`ran, which states "And whatsoever the Messenger [Mohammed (S.A.W)] gives you, take it, and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain [from it], and fear Allah. Verily, Allah is severe in punishment." -Surah 59:7. And so, it is to the Prophet Mohammed (S.A.W) I look to for a clear understanding of what Islam is, and what it requires of me, a believer in Allah (S.W.T)."
Beautiful Muslimah

This is a post from Beautiful Muslimah (pixie) and this actually clarifies what I was asking. Inshallah I will finish the Quran and read ahadith to increase my knowledge in Islam. This is exactly what I am struggling with and I guess I was not clear on what the Quran says about the hadith. I had interpreted it to say it was a complete book,which it is,but this is definitely a different view on the situation. One I had not considered and I am glad I found this post. I will also spend more time researching and reading quran and may Allah guide me and bless me with hijab. Is it just me or was this tough for anyone else??



6 comments:

Pixie said...

Really tough for me. I used to say I would never follow the ahadith, astifghurallah! But now I know there is lot's to study. I have also learned to study the order of ahadith, to make sure I had the last revelation on the subject, and so that the context could be better understood before following istalaals (rulings).

Inspired Muslimah said...

Thats where Iam at now. I thought I was doing the right thing by following the Quran but there is more to Islam than the Quran I suppose. How do you figure you the order? DId you see my previous post on the ahadith? I read that there are 4 main authentic ahadith. Are the 4 I listed the ones you study also?

Hijabee said...

Inspired Muslimah,
Inshallah it will get easier with time. It is tough for every one. I myself struggled a lot with it at first but then your heart will guide you and you will know it is the way to go.

megat said...

assalamualaikum.your blog more info ,make me excited. Congratulation!!

Inspired Muslimah said...

Hijabee, thanks sis for the encouragement, I am praying it gets easier sooner versus later. Inshaallah It will and I just need to patient.

Megat,salaams to you also.

muslimah said...

salam sister : ) May Allah reward and guide you in youre eager to find the true path, allahumma ameen,

this small text may help in sha Allah


Sunnah and Hadeeth

The Sunnah refers to the commands, prohibitions, sayings, actions and tacit approvals of the Messenger of Allaah (صلى الله عليه وسلم). The whole of the Sunnah falls under the command of Allaah in His Book:

"Whatsoever the Messenger gives you then take it and whatsoever he prohibits you from then refrain from it." [Sooratul-Hashr 59:7]

The taabi’ee, Imaam az-Zuhree said:

"Clinging to the Sunnah is to be saved, as Imaam Maalik said, ‘like the Ark of Nooh.’ He who embarked upon it was saved and he who did not was destroyed." [ad-Daarimee]

The knowledge of the Sunnah has reached us via means of the hadeeth of the Messenger of Allaah (صلى الله عليه وسلم). The hadeeth refers to a combination of a text and a chain of narration (isnaad) beginning from the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) and ending at the scholar who recorded that hadeeth. There are a number of conditions that the hadeeth must meet based upon which it is divided into two broad categories saheeh (authentic) and da’eef (weak). The authentic hadeeth is that hadeeth from which beliefs and legislation can be derived. The weak hadeeth does not allow us to derive beliefs or legislation from it.

And also do not forget that this is The messenger of Allah, He says nothing but that it is the will of Allah, so all the sunnah from the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) Is from Allah.

Template by:
Free Blog Templates